EXPLOITER – MAGICKA SORCERER

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my Magicka Sorcerer build for Dragon Bones patch. This build is aimed at End-Game PvE content but works as it is on basic overland content.

Here you can find info on how to setup your attributes, what gear you should use, how to set your skill bars and champion points.

STATS

ON-icon-Breton

Breton

ATTRIBUTES

64 Magicka, 0 Health, 0 Stamina

GEAR

EXPLOITER GEAR.png

What weapon trait should I choose?

Infused is the go to choice if you only wanna push higher damage on single target.

Nirnhoned is the best choice overall and provides best balance between both AOE and single target damage.

Recommended choice is to go Infused on Main Hand and Nirnhoned on Backup Hand Weapon.

Don’t have access to some of the recommended gear or want to use something else? Here’s other options you can go with such as:

You can switch Ilambris to Valkyn Skoria.

You can use Julianos instead of Mechanical Acuity.

You can switch Moondancer to Infallible Aether or Willpower.

If you don’t have access to Maelstrom Staff, use random staff with specific trait and enchantment instead.

Item Set Info:

Ilambris

Valkyn Skoria

Mechanical Acuity

Julianos

Asylum

Infallible Aether

Moondancer

Willpower

ABILITIES

EXPLOITER SKILLBARS

Front Bar

Empowered Ward, Crystal Fragments, Inner Light, Force Pulse, Bound Aegis, Greater Storm Atronach

Back Bar

Mages Wrath, Elemental Blockade, Liquid Lightning, Haunting Curse, Bound Aegis, Elemental Rage

You can switch around the places of abilities as long as you keep the same abilities on same bars. However you can switch places with Empowered Ward and Mages Wrath if you want to have your shield on back bar and execute on front bar.

Changeable Abilities:

Greater Storm Atronach to Shooting Star

Re-morph Force Pulse to Crushing Shock

Inner Light to Power Surge

If you’re new to the game or Sorcerer class in general, I suggest you to read carefully what the different abilities do, how much they cost, whats their duration, cast time etc. so you understand how you should rotate your abilities and how they work.

CONSUMABLES

Food: Max Health & Magicka & Magicka Recovery Food: Clockwork Citrus Filet/Witchmother’s Potent Brew

Potions: Essence Of Spell Power

MUNDUS

apprenticeThe Apprentice:

Increases your Spell Damage

If you only play solo or want to spec for Maelstrom Arena, use:

loverThe Lover:

Increases your Physical and Spell Penetration

SKILL ROTATION

Use Crystal Fragments instead of Force Pulse everytime it procs. If you’re running low on Magicka, use a heavy attack on back bar and continue on your rotation.

20 Second Rotation:

LA, Liquid Lightning, LA, Elemental Blockade, LA, Haunting Curse, Swap

LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, Swap

LA, Liquid Lightning, LA, Elemental Blockade, Swap

LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, LA, Force Pulse, Swap

Repeat

Execute: LA, Elemental Blockade, LA, Liquid Lightning, LA, Mages Wrath, LA, Mages Wrath

Repeat

The Lover: 64 Arcanist, 36 Tenacity

The Tower: –

DPS TEST

CHANGE LOG

08/03/2018:

• Fixed typing mistakes.
  • Fixed mistake in rotation.

08/02/2018:

• Updated build for Dragon Bones DLC.
  • Changes to Champion Points: 10 more points for each constellation.
  • Added new rotation showcase video.

21 thoughts on “EXPLOITER – MAGICKA SORCERER

1. Shrediful says:

I used to have Boundless Storm ability on my default skill bar setup in previous update, but not anymore so it was accidentally left there. Thanks for pointing it out, fixed it now! 🙂

1. Flawl3sschr1s says:

This build is great. Its a simple rotation and and very effective. I like that resource management is a part of the rotation instead of running out of magic and then doing heavy attacks to get it back. With only 380 or so cp allotted I’ve been able to hit 33k dps (self buffed, willpower jewelry, witchmothers potent and using power surge instead of spell pots) which means there’s way more potential.

1. Shrediful says:

Thanks for the feedback! 33K with your CP and gear is great, build has the ability to hit even higher numbers than seen on the video, with Perfected Asylum staff you can go easy 40K+ if rotation is right 🙂

2. Biqo says:

I’m new to the game, but everyone recommends me a pet build with necro & ilambris, because this is BiS. This is a set for beginners and is easy to learn with average damage (if so, why BiS), or you can actually do higher damage, or comparable with other builds or this?

1. Shrediful says:

The reason people recommend it is because Pet Sorcerers are very easy to play. Also Necropotence is buyable set, which makes it easy to get and it’s BiS for Pet Sorcerers, not other class/build combos.

So basicly Magicka Sorcerers with this setup (Necropotence + Ilambris) are concidered as second highest Magicka based damage setup in the game at the moment.

1. Shrediful says:

Also forgot to mention, this build is a Non Pet Sorcerer, so it doesn’t use pets anyhow, which makes Necropotence useless, you might want to check out my Oblivion – Pet Sorcerer build for that.

3. Kevin says:

Using exact same gear, happy if i can get 33k @ 720 CP. My ping is 180 on average. Doing the rotation as best I can. Not sure where else I can improve to get to 40k. Any advice?

1. Shrediful says:

You can expect up to 40k DPS only if you have Perfected Asylum staff and your rotation is absolutely perfect. With non perfected Asylum Staff, you can do around 36k to 37k DPS on this patch. It’s your rotation if you aren’t able to get more than 33k so keep practising.

1. Kyria says:

(What I mean is if the possible tradeoff is worth it for the extra dmg on Atro,)

I am also curious as to when you choose to use Storm Atro vs Elemental Rage.

1. Shrediful says:

Answer to your first question about the Ward morphs: I chose Empowered Ward as I don’t feel like I need bigger shields than I already have, Minor Intellect (10% Magicka Recovery) for yourself and your group is way more useful instead. As for the Ultimates, always open your fight with a Elemental Rage but keep using Storm Atronach after that. Though there is one case you have take note of, if the boss has multiple targets, it’s better to use Elemental Rage/Shooting Star, if it’s only single target, keep using the Atronach. Also take note that Atronach is a pet so it’s not great in all situations like Aetherian Archives last boss for example.

2. Kyria says:

That makes perfect sense – I am swapping my shield morph to Empowered tomorrow! 🙂 Thank you for elaborating for me!

4. Cpcii says:

Is there a big difference in dps by going lightning/lightning or lightning/inferno Destro staves instead of inferno/lightning or inferno/inferno?

1. Shrediful says:

Not much as in solo situations, but in group play there is, you either want to run Inferno/Inferno or Inferno/Lightning. Best single target damage is however achieved by double Inferno.

5. Beth says:

Great set up! Easy to follow! I’ve been struggling with my mag/sorc/Warden but ima go back to my mag/sorc/vamp and make her a bad ass with your suggestions! Trying to get buff so I can head into the Maw with my gulidies and possibly solo vet Maelstrom. Thanks again, much appreciated👍🏼

6. Dwayne says:

It appears that the rotation is only optimal on PC and or Xbox. For me there is a half second delay on the PS4 when going from LA to Liquid lighting and again after swap, LA to force pulse. I’m not getting those rapid attacks I’m seeing in your videos. Your thoughts?